It is the same time of the year when the mega event takes place.
I arrived in Karachi last night to attend the Pakistan Developer Conference which kicks off in exactly 3 hours from now. Credit goes to my Tech. Lead and Technical Director (who also happens to be in Karachi to attend the PDC) for managing my schedule and making sure that I attend this conference, and to my office for sponsoring the entire trip.
The Agenda for this year’s conference is much better than previous years (atleast in my opinion) and my main interest lies in mostly Architecture tracks and few Database and Development tracks. Here is a list of topics that I’m interested in.
- Distributed computing in SOA – Decoupling of business model from process activities
- Choosing the Right Technology for Integrating Systems: Biztalk, SQL Server, SOA & WCF
- Architecting Composite Applications
- Saas architectures andPlatform Roadmap
- Development:WCF: Programming Services
- Visual Studio Team System 2005
- .NET Rocks! Talks Agile Development
- Database Design Patterns – Architecting the right database for the right solution
- Real World SOA.
- Data Driven WCF Applications
- The Scaling Habits of ASP.NET Applications
- ASP.NET Scaling Tips
The panel of speakers for this year contains both international speakers (who are well-known in PDC due to their earlier appearances namely Rafal Lukaweicki, Stephen Forte, Goksin Bakir etc.) as well as our local talent like Adnan Farooq Hashmi, Saqib Ilyas and Hammad Rajjoub to name a few.
I am looking forward to have a blast in PDC and hoping to learn from the experts in the area (catch-up with some old friends and make some new ones during the PDC).
While PDC remains in the air, I’ll be posting more details of my experience in the upcoming posts, so keep checking back.