Found this poster for the new features in .NET 4.5 from Jouni’s blog so decided to share
I have blogged about some of the new features in ASP.NET 4.5 WebForms, during Microsoft’s Build conference the first preview of .NET 4.5 was made available for download, besides WebForms there also have been significant improvements in the ASP.NET Core, including:
- Asynchronously Reading and Writing HTTP Requests and Responses
- WebSockets support to establish secure, real-time bidirectional communications between a client and a server over HTTP
- Integration of Anti-XSS (Anti cross-site scripting) library
- Support for unvalidated requests with context.Request.Unvalidated.Form[<key>];
Note that this is still a developer preview release which means it is not even beta so features may be added or removed.
I’m excited to see enhancements like these coming to ASP.NET 4.5 in the near future.
- What’s New in ASP.NET 4.5 and Visual Web Developer 11 Developer Preview
- What’s New for ASP.NET 4.5 and Web Development in Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview (MSDN)
- Microsoft® .NET Framework® 4.5 Developer Preview – Web Installer
- What’s New in the .NET Framework 4.5 Developer Preview
- Announcing Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview
- Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview